Itâ€™s ridiculous. Iâ€™ve been playing with it off and on since it got announced and Iâ€™mÂ still surprised that the 3D works as well as it does, which is pretty damn well.
The first boot process is completely idiot-proof, as Nintendo has basically perfected, and itâ€™s about damn time they had a device that supportsÂ WPA2 wifi connections. With the Wii and my older DS units (original, imported Lite, and the XL), since myÂ no longer supported Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector was a pain to keep working on non-XP systems, I had to â€˜borrowâ€™ from an open access point. Thank you, dear neighbour, for being so clueless and/or generous, and providing fantastic signal strength. I used to worry that it was a honeypot, but Iâ€™m not too concerned that someone is snooping my connection to the Dragon Quest IXshopping network.
Sellma is still a brutal name, even for DQ puns.
How many people in the area abuse that default settings router? Iâ€™ve been tempted to try and login, just to see if I can, but I wish I knew whose it was, to let them know that itâ€™s not the best idea to leave it like that. Iâ€™m a jerk for connecting to it at all. Using it sparingly does not make it better.
- theÂ Augmented Reality Cards are cool. Theyâ€™ll be even better when I learn to hold it the proper 14 inches away. It helped a lot when I finally converted that to 35.56 cm. Stupid Imperial system. Why do people still use it??
- Have yet to playÂ Face Raiders. It kinda creeps me out.
- I am bemused that Nintendo has listed theÂ Store,Â Browser, andÂ System Transfer on theirÂ Built-In Software page. Should it actually count as â€˜built-inâ€™ if it doesnâ€™t exist yet?
- The retractable stylus is not nearly as annoying as expected. The fine point tip is most welcome.
- I honestly regret picking up the Black version. Initially, black was the way to go since I thought Iâ€™d skin it. I have the ugly launch XL and it was impossible to skin because it ended up just looking wrong. The Aqua version is nicer than I expected it to be in person and looks even better with theÂ Nyko battery(scroll down a little).
- I am likely getting thatÂ Nyko Charge Base later.
- The black is driving me crazy right now becauseÂ ZOMG FINGERPRINTS. Putting on a screen protector (the first time I have ever used one for a portable device), was also a pain and I donâ€™t think I like it. The bottom one came out alright*, but the top one is unlikely to remain because I keep staring at the imperfectness of it.
If you would like to be added to my Friends List, drop a comment,Â tweet, or email with your code.
Mine isÂ 1934-0678-7701
* by â€˜alrightâ€™ I mean that the first one I put down ended up with dirt underneath and it was a mad scenario to get the sheet off the screen. No damage was done, but I loathed to pick at it to peel it up again. I like theÂ ideaof a screen, but I donâ€™t know if itâ€™s for me.
Jenn Cutter focuses on all aspects of gaming and gaming accessories with Hak5. She has also appeared on G4TechTV, CP24, HowTo Australia, and TVTokyo when not working on her side-project, OpenAlpha.tv. When not writing or dreaming about gaming, she’s playing hockey and saying ‘eh’, like all stereotypical Canadians